We know that everyone feels anxious from time to time, whether you have a big project coming up in work, or wondering how the bills are going to get paid…anxiety happens to all of us. But how do you know if your levels of anxiety are normal? When does it become an issue? Here are some signs and symptoms of chronic anxiety:
- Constant or almost constant state of worry
- Lack of or excessive sleep
- Avoidance of situations that have caused anxiety in the past
- Decrease/Increase in appetite
- Feelings of apprehension or dread
The good news is that anxiety is treatable. NorthPoint counselors are experienced in dealing with anxiety by working with you to help identify and manage the factors that lead to anxiety. For those suffering from anxiety, seeking treatment can feel like another wall that’s impossible to climb. NorthPoint would like to encourage you to take that first step into receiving help and get started in the path that will allow you to get your life back!